DID YOU KNOW ?
* Frankincense Essential Oil Proves to be Anti-Cancerous.
* Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) trees were considered extremely valuable during ancient times.
* It was used as a general cure-all for ill health.
DID YOU KNOW?
* The modern world is encroaching on these ancient trees.
* They are often found in war-torn areas where it is getting more and more difficult to obtain high quality resins which means We could be without frankincense soon; these ancient givers of healing could have their days numbered.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Frankincense is highly fragrant and it is often used in soaps, oils, deodorant, scents and other products. It is considered to contain healing properties, being used to treat respiratory, skin, joint and muscular conditions, as well as being used for meditative and spiritual rituals.
* There is a difference in the colour between male and female Frankincense Tree resins, and anyone caught with the female resin during ancient times lost a hand as punishment. * The resin and oil have a woody, spicy and slightly sweet aroma and blends well with all citrus and spice oils and has long been considered precious and valuable. * It begins as a milky-white sticky liquid that flows from the trunk of the tree; it is then distilled by steam to extract it precious essential oil.
* In ancient times, high quality resin was reserved only for the Kings and Queens.