Many people will burn Scented Candles to help "set the mood," especially around the Festive Holidays. Unfortunately, like all candles, even the Scented varieties can pose a burn risk for your pets and a fire risk for your home and family.
Candles don't need to be banished from your home as long as they contain Natural ingredients but it's certainly a good idea to Never Leave A Lit Candle and your pets alone together in the same room.
Consider using Flameless Candles, which will also eliminate the Candle Smoke that can irritate a Pets Respiratory system, leading to worsening of any existing Asthma, Bronchitis, Tracheal (windpipe) problems, or other conditions of their Respiratory system.
FACT . . . Paraffin Wax used to be Petrochemicals from the Crude Oil production process!!