Things you may not know . . .
When burned, Poor Quality Incense can produce Volatile Organic Compounds such as Benzene, Formaldehyde, Butadiene and Styrene, along with Toxic Gases like Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide. These chemicals are harmful to both People and Pets but because the lungs of our Pets are More Sensitive to Environmental Pollutants than those of Humans, the Toxic Gases emitted from Poor Quality Incense may have a Greater Effect on them.
Info is taken from several Animal Advice website articles published in the May 2013.