And Finally, some advice . . .
- Before buying, check to make sure the Palo Santo Products you’re looking at is Authentic.
- Unfortunately, many shops are selling fake or inferior Palo Santo. After finally experiencing authentic Palo Santo, I now understand what the publicity is all about!
- Wholesalers and then in turn Retailers are selling wood that has been Harvested Too Early which doesn't provide any of the Healing or Calming Effects and that is also not great for the environment.
- If the wood is harvested too early it will look lighter in colour, and it won't have dark amber streaks in the grain of the wood. The wood should only be harvested from old trees that have died naturally, an ideal aging process involves a naturally fallen tree aged a minimum of three to five years, and often up to 10 years.
- Older trees become more oil dense and the grain of the wood takes on a darker amber appearance when it has had time for those oils to occur naturally and ethically.